Air Marshal Sir Christopher Harper is the former director general of the NATO International Military Staff. He stepped down on 27 July 2016 and officially retired from the Crown Service on 27 January 2017.
Revolving door roles
Roles approved by ACOBA in December 2016 but only published in July 2017:
- Member of a potential senior ‘Global Advisory Board’, Improbable Worlds Ltd.
- Senior adviser and mentor for the senior leadership team, Rescue Global.
- Adviser on international relations, contemporary risk-management in the security and defence domain, and capability gap analysis and mitigation with L-3 Communications. L-3 UK has stressed that they would not anticipate Sir Christopher being involved with any of their work involving the UK MOD.
- Non-resident senior fellow, The Atlantic Council. 
New role added 29 November 2017:
- Commission with Aviation Skills Partnership
- Decision Harper, Christopher - Director General, NATO International Military Staff, MOD, gov.uk, last accessed 12 September 2017