Cello Plc describe themselves as 'a partnership of professionals that deliver specialist solutions in a range of client sectors'. Their core activities include Market research, Data collection and respondent recruitment, Research marketing consulting, Data management and consulting and Direct and integrated communications delivery .
Cello's Reasearch and Consulting services operate under a number of brands. These are...
- Insight - providing research services to the pharmaceutical sector. Cello claims that Insight serves 'all the top 10 Global Fortune 500 pharmaceutical organisations'. Insight also incorporates data collection agency Field Management Limited (FML).
- Leapfrog- providing research services to blue chip clients with a focus on consumers.
- The Value Engineers - providing global research and consulting services to clients on brand positioning and brand development issues. Clients include Friesland Coberco Dairy Foods, Jif-Cif, Nintendo, BSkyB, Ginsters, Archers, Shloer, Polycell, Robinsons, Witch.
- RS - providing global research services primarily to business-to-business and public sector clients.
- TMI - helping blue chip clients to engage people with their brand and customer service strategies. Clients include Barclays Bank, Hewlett Packard, Powergen, BBC, lastminute.com, Royal Bank of Scotland, BMI, Lombard, Serco, Superquinn, Marks and Spencers, Tesco, British Waterways, Mint, Thames Water, BT, National Express Group, T Mobile, Computacentre, Natwest, Toyota, EDF Energy, Nectar, Unipart, EMC2, npower, Virgin Atlantic, Environment Agency, O2, Wickes, e-on, British Airways, World Duty Free, HBOS Plc, Orange, Legal and General, Honda, Pizza Express and HSS Hire
- SMT - providing global data acquisition and analysis services in order for clients to enhance their competitive postitioning and supply chain insight (including market intelligence). The SMT website section 'Hard Faqts' lists areas including the Public Sector (includes strategies to promote privatisation, commercialisation and support third party income generation initiatives), Defence (including strategies to support development of PPP and PFI), Utilities, FMCG, TMT, Nuclear and Financial Services.
- Digital People - providing service to blue chip clients in order to maximise the value extracted from research data. Clients include Nestle, Orange, Cadbury, Channel 4, France Telecom, P&G (Procter & Gamble?), Sara Lee, BBC and EA (the Environment Agency?).
- MSI - providing research and strategic consulting services to the pharmaceutical sector. MSI's clients have included Sanofi-Aventis, Shire Pharmaceuticals, Orion Pharma Sweden. The MSI site also contains an article designed to support pharma firms in 'Communicating With Key NHS People' and on How Better Customer Insight Can Drive Increased Prescribing (or in other words how pharma's can adapt their marketing 'to ensure' that they 'are pressing those 'hot buttons’' with an understanding of 'prescribing triggers'). The site also has an article on 'Patient Compliance'. This relates to the 'millions and millions of pounds' that the pharmaceutical industry spends 'chasing new patients', and as the article states, 'once we have them in the net, we let as many of half of them go again'. The article claims that 'this is a worry for the pharmaceutical industry, because patients not taking their medicine, especially in chronic conditions, means fewer sales and the need to spend marketing resources finding new patients'.
- MRUK - providing market research services to public sector clients. Clients include Weber Shandwick, NHS Health Scotland (HEBS), Food Standards Agency, Scottish Executive, AG Barr (Irn Bru), Askit, Bahlsen Biscuits, Barkers, Baxters Foods, Citigate Smarts, Daily Record & Sunday Mail, DMB + B, Exeter Friendly Society, Feather Brooksbank, First Group, First Sport, Guy Robertson Partnership, Halifax Bank of Scotland, Historic Scotland, Hutchison 3G, John Lewis, Johnson & Johnson, Lothian Health Board, M & C Saatchi, Marks & Spencer Financial Services, Marshall Cavendish, Merle Agency, National Grid Transco, NHS 24, Prarda Advertising, Sara Lee, Scottish Executive, ScottishPower, Silent Night, smg, South West Regional Development Agency, SWEB, The Bridge, The Leith Agency, The Union, Tulip, USC, VisitScotland, Welsh Language Board, Aspect Computers, Business Link for London, Castrol, CHEP, Clydebank College, Commission for Racial Equality, Conkerhouse, Crouse Hinds, Disability Rights Commission, East Midlands Development Agency, East of Scotland Water, ERS, FHIOS, Firefish Ltd, Flamingo International, Forbo Flooring, Freeth Cartwright, hatch-group, Hobart Manufacturing, Icelandair, Kinghurst Consultancy Group, Knight Kavanagh & Page, Logicall, London Electricity, Merck Eurolab, New Economics Foundation, North East Chamber of Commerce, Nursery Research & Planning, ODS, Opportunity Wales, Outside UK, Oxera Consulting Ltd, Rangers Football Club, Registers of Scotland, Research International, Sadek Wynburg - Millward Brown, Saville & Holdsworth, Scott Wilson, Scottish & Southern Energy, Scottish Agricultural College, Scottish Development International, Scottish Enterprise, Scottish Government, Scottish Natural Heritage, ScottishPower, Scottish Textiles, Scottish Water, Shore Consulting Ltd, The Medicines Group, Trimedia Communications, Unlimited Magazine, Welsh European Funding Office, Western Power Distribution, Yorkshire Water Services, British Energy, Central Office of Information, Glenmorangie, Greater Glasgow NHSB, HMV, Hyder Consulting, Interbrew/Tennents, Lincs FM, Lothian Healthy Respect, Macraes Seafood, Napier University, Nationwide Building Society, NTL, Odeon Cinemas, Score Digital, Scotsman, Scottish Museums Council, Semi Chem, Stagecoach, Style Financial Services (Royal Bank of Scotland), Transco National Grid, UDV, United Utilities, University of Paisley, USC, Virgin, Wales Tourist Board, Welsh Development Agency, WRAP (Waste & Resources Action Programme, Yorkhill NHS Trust, Adswood & Bridgehall Community Partnership, Batley Action, Bradford City Challenge, Cabinet Office Social Exclusion Unit, Craigmillar Partnership, Cunnane Town Planning, Cunninghame Housing Association,
Dewsbury Partnership, Greater Pollok Social Inclusion Partnership, Huddersfield Pride, Hulme City Challenge, Kirkless Partnership, Knutton Cross Neighbourhood Management Initiative, Lewisham Voluntary Training Network, North Huyton New Deal for Communities, Opportunity Wales, Places for People, Pool of London Partnership, Preston Road (Hull) Regeneration, Quarriers, Speke Garston Partnership, URS Corporation, West Central Halifax Partnership, Campbell Lee (Consultants), Dogtag.co.uk (insurance), Edinburgh Conveyancing Forum, Hays Systems Ltd, Health Education Board for Scotland, Highlands & Islands Enterprise, ICScotland, Innovation Digital, s1.com, AW Trotman Associates, Borders Primary Care NHS Trust, Countryside Agency, PriceWaterhouse Coopers, American Express Foreign Exchange, Bank of Wales, Bristol & West Building Society, Campbell Dallas, Chartered Trust, Derbyshire Building Society, Direct Line Financial Services, Exeter Friendly Society, Financial Marketing Consultancy, FIRSTPLUS Financial Services, Legal & General Direct, Lloyds Bowmaker Finance, Lloyds TSB, Marlborough Stirling, MBNA, NAAFI Financial Services, Nationwide Building Society, NCM, NNG Finance, Nottingham Building Society, Royal Bank of Scotland, Sainsbury`s Bank, Scottish Crofters Credit Union, Standard Life, Student Loans Company, Tesco Personal Finance, West Bromwich Building Society, Bahlsen Biscuits, Barr Soft Drinks, (Irn Bru), Baxters Foods, Belhaven Beer, Brace`s Bakery, Capper & Co, Carotini, Competition Commission, Crabbies Green Ginger, Golden Wonder Crisps, Grampian Country Foods, Highlander Crisps, Invergordon Distillers, Leaf, Macrae Seafood, Marshalls Macaroni, McDonalds, New Yorker Cereal Bars, Paterson Arran, Quality Meat Scotland, Scottish Pork Initiative, Scottish Pride, Scottish Quality Beef & Lamb Association, Swankies, Wiseman Dairies, Yeo-Organic and a whole host of councils, police authorities and universities/colleges from across Scotland, England and Wales.
- 2CV - Global integrated qualitative and quantitative research.
- Jon Bircher (2007) Communicating With Key NHS People MSI Website. Accessed 13th May 2008
- Jon Bircher (2007) How Better Customer Insight Can Drive Increased Prescribing MSI website. Accessed 13th May 2008
- Paul Stuart-Kregor (2006) Building Stakeholder Partnerships to Boost Patient Compliance. MSI website. Accessed 13th May 2008</ref>
- Cello Plc About Us Accessed 13th May 2008
- Cello Plc Research Consulting Accessed 13th May 2008
- The Value Engineers Cases accessed 13th May 2008
- TMI Track Record Accessed 13th May 2008
- SMT Services - Market Intelligence Accessed 13th May 2008
- SMT Hard Faqts accessed 13th May 2008
- Digital People Who We've Worked With Accessed 13th May 2008
- MSI Case Studies Accessed 13th May 2008
- MSI Case Studies Accessed 13th May 2008
- MSI Case Studies Accessed 13th May 2008
- MSI How Better Customer Insight Can Drive Increased Prescribing Accessed 13th May 2008
- MRUK Services accessed 13th May 2008
- MRUK Citizen Panels Accessed 13th May 2008
- MRUK Communications and Marketing Accessed 13th May 2008