Cecil Parkinson (Lord Parkinson) is a former Conservative member of parliament for Enfield West, South Hertfordshire and Hertsmere. He is currently a Conservative peer in the House of Lords, having been raised to the peerage on 29 June 1992.
Parkinson was the MP for Enfield West (1970 to 1974), South Hertfordshire (1974 to 1983) and Hertsmere (1983 to 1992).
Whilst in parliament he held the roles of assistant whip to HM Treasury, opposition whip, Opposition Spokesman on trade, Minister of State for the Department of Trade (1979 to 1981), Paymaster General to HM Treasury, Party Chair to the Conservative Party (1981 to 1983), Chancellor of the Duchy of Lancaster (1982 to 1983), Secretary of State for Trade (1983), Secretary of State for Energy (1987 to 1989), Secretary of State for Transport (1989 to 1990) and a minister without portfolio (1997 to 1998).
- Director, Great Queen Street Consultants (management company owned jointly by Member and wife, and to which all income from his other directorships is paid)
- Henderson Rowe Ltd (investment management)
- InTechnology plc (online data storage and retrieval)
- Jarvis Group (building and construction)
- Jarvis Commercial Properties Ltd (property investment)
- Director, Broad Street Place Development (property)
- Lord Parkinson Parliament.UK, accessed 22 December 2014