Benjamin Netanyahu (born 21 October 1949) became Prime Minister of Israel for the second time in 2009. He is also currently chairman of the Likud Party.
Netanyahu has been credited by former Secretary of State George Shultz for his central role in effecting a change in American policies on terrorism.  In 1979 Netanyahu initiated and organized an international conference against terrorism, under the auspices of the Jonathan Institute — a private foundation dedicated to the study of terrorism, which was named after his brother Jonathan. A second conference was organised in 1984. Through these conferences the institute espoused its doctrine of "preemptive retaliation" the Israeli policy of killing those designated as terrorists before they can act. George Shultz pushed this line at the conference and earlier in appearances before the Denton committee. The 1984 conference also produced a widely reviewed book edited by Netanyahu, Terrorism: How the West Can Win, and established Netanyahu as a leading international voice in the war against terrorism. 
Other Powerbase resources
Netanyahu's Millionaires | Benzion Netanyahu | Yair Netanyahu | Israel Center for Social and Economic Progress | Daniel Doron | Uzi Arad | Lauder School of Government, Diplomacy and Strategy | Institute for the Study of Terrorism, extract from The "Terrorism" Industry | Jonathan Institute, extract from The "Terrorism" Industry | Jonathan Institute | Meyrav Wurmser | Yigal Carmon | Anna (Anya) Zhuravel | Jeffrey Gedmin | David Wurmser | Institute for Advanced Strategic and Political Studies | Dore Gold | Jerusalem Institute for Market Studies | Moshe Ya'alon | Saban Center for Middle East Policy | Haim Saban | Arthur J. Finkelstein | David Bar-Illan | Claremont Institute | Jeffrey Goldberg | Poju Zabludowicz | Allen Roth | David Goder | Steven Schneier | Jewish People Policy Institute | National Strategy Information Center | Herzliya Conference
- Benyamin Netanyahu's Blog - Netanyahu's Official Blog and Videoblog.
- Netanyahu.com - Netanyahu's Unofficial Blog.
- Biography of Benjamin Netanyahu at Zionism and Israel Information Center Biography Section
- Website of supporters of Benjamin Netanyahu: Hebrew
- Benjamin Netanyahu on the definition of terror (BBC)(5 min.)
- Benjamin Netanyahu Profile on Israeli Lexicon (Ynetnews | Yedioth Aharonoth)
- Netanyahu: Pullout will worsen Israel's security The Jerusalem Post, August 5, 2005
- Cheltenham High School Hall of Fame Biography
- Netanyahu’s Fortification Plan
- Harriet Sherwood, Israel PM: illegal African immigrants threaten identity of Jewish state, guardian.co.uk, 20 May 2012.
- David Margolick, The Netanyahu Paradox, Vanity Fair, July 2012.
- Netanyahu: Iran six to seven months from nuclear bomb capability, Haaretz, 16 September 2012.
- Maggie Haberman, Netanyahu ad to debut in Florida, Politico, 19 September 2012.
- Jasmin Ramsey, Netanyahu Ad Funded By Hawkish Advocacy Group, Lobelog, 20 September 2012.
- Catrina Stewart, Nearly half of Benjamin Netanyahu's donors also gave money to Mitt Romney or the US Republican Party, independent.co.uk, 30 September 2012.
Books and articles
- A Durable Peace: Israel and Its Place Among the Nations (Warner Books, 2000) ISBN 0-446-52306-2
- Fighting Terrorism: How Democracies Can Defeat Domestic And International Terrorism (Diane Pub Co, 1995) ISBN 0-7881-5514-8
- A Place Among the Nations (Bantam, 1993) ISBN 0-553-08974-9
- Terrorism: How the West Can Win (Farrar Straus & Giroux, 1986) ISBN 0-374-27342-1
- Ashbrooke Centre, 'Eighteenth Annual John M. Ashbrook Memorial Dinner', 3 May 2002
- see Jonathan Institute, extract from The "Terrorism" Industry
- Sourcewatch Benjamin Netanyahu