Barry Gardiner (born 10 March 1957, Glasgow) is Labour MP for Brent North. He was made Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Northern Ireland in April 2004, Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State at the Department for Trade and Industry in May 2005 and Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State at Department of Environment, Food and Rural Affairs between May 2006- June 2007.In July 2007 he was appointed by the Prime Minister to be his special representative on forestry. He left his position in September 2008, after having accused Mr Brown of "vacillation, loss of international credibility and timorous political manoeuvres that the public cannot understand".
- Senior Adviser, Reynolds Partners (http://www.reynoldspartners.com/) - Independent investment bank
Publications, Contact, Resources and Notes
- BBC, "Beckett warning to Labour rebels," 15 September 2008, accessed 25 November 2008.
- Gardiner, Barry, Barry Gardiner Biography, accessed 25 November 2008.
- Reynolds Partners, Barry Gardiner, accessed 25 November 2008.
- Ungoed-Thomas, Jon, et al., "Revealed: how minister cashed in on contacts," The Sunday Times, 23 November 2008, accessed 24 November 2008.