British American Tobacco
- Front Groups
- Third World Production
- BAT Industries: Extract from 'Written in Flames'
- Paul Rayner - Chief Operating Officer of British American Tobacco Australasia (since 1999). Rayner was previously Finance Director of British American Tobacco plc between 2002 to 2008. He is currently (in 2008) also Non-executive Director with energy company Centrica, is Non-Executive Director of Qantas Airways Limited (since 2008) and held senior executive appointments with Rothmans Holdings Ltd.
BAT were among the top spending British based companies on EU lobbying in Brussels in 2014, spending between €1,500,000 and €1,750,000. They also have 4 lobbyists with European Parliament passes, allowing the bearer virtually unlimited access to the Parliament's buildings.
- Gary J. Fooks, Anna B. Gilmore, Corporate Philanthropy, Political Influence, and Health Policy, University of Bath, Nov 27, 2013, DOI: 10.1371/journal.pone.0080864
- Centrica Management Accessed 26th August 2008
- Register 1st September 2014 - 30th November 2014 APPC, accessed 28 January 2015
- FTI Consulting profile 2016, parliament.uk, accessed 29 April 2016
- Finance industry is UK's biggest lobbyist in Brussels Lobby Facts, 26 January 2015, accessed 3 February 2015
- Companies declaring the most lobbyists Lobby Facts, 26 January 2015, accessed 3 February 2015