Australian Petroleum and Exploration Association
It has more than 80 full member companies.
Members include Dart Energy, which is involved in coal bed methane (CBM) extraction in Scotland and which holds a fracking licence. A Dart spokesman told the Mirror newspaper in May 2013 that the firm had no plans for fracking in Scotland.
- Crosby Textor (Australia) counts the APEA as a longtime client according to state and federal lobbying registers. A Dart Energy spokesman however said that the firm does not use Crosby Textor Fullbrook, the UK arm of PM David Cameron's political adviser Lynton Crosby’s lobbying and PR empire. 
Rob Cole (Chairman) Woodside Energy Limited | Robin Antrobus, ConocoPhillips Australia Pty Ltd | Peter Cleary, Santos Ltd | Ernie Delfos, eni Australia Ltd | Gerry Flaherty, Chevron Australia Pty Ltd | Warren Ford, Apache Energy Limited | Philip Home, BP Developments Australia Pty Ltd | Seiya Ito, INPEX | Bruce Lake, Vermilion Oil and Gas Australia Pty Ltd | Todd Lee, BHP Billiton Petroleum Australia | Grant King, Origin Energy Limited | Richard Owen, ExxonMobil Affiliates in Australia | Peter Robinson, Shell Development (Australia) Pty Ltd | Mike Sangster, Total E&P Australia | Peter Stickland, MEO Australia Ltd | Eric Streitberg, Buru Energy Limited | 
Spinning coal seam gas as 'clean'
- APPEA has launched a "We Want CSG" campaign to highlight the benefits that CSG brings to local communities, economy and the environment through the development of a clean resource. The campaign aims to educate people about the facts on CSG as a energy source, how the CSG industry operates and how natural gas plays a role to help reduce greenhouse emissions. Dart Energy supports this initiative that brings transparency and facts to the debate on CSG. 
- Website: http://www.appea.com.au/
See: Fracking Spads
- Melissa Jones and Andy Rowell, Access all areas: Westminster's (vast) fracking lobby exposed, 29 April 2015.
- Lynton Crosby lobbying row number THREE: David Cameron aide's links to fracking firm revealed, James Lyons, Mirror, 10 May 2013
- APPEA Board elects new Chairman and Vice-Chairman, 29 November 2013
- Australia Australia, Dart Energy website, acc 28 March 2014