Army and Navy Club
According to the club website:
- The Army & Navy Club has been situated in the centre of St James’s since 1837 and on the present site since 1851. As a traditional establishment for former and serving officers of the British and Commonwealth Armed Services, as well as their immediate families, ‘The Rag’ as it is affectionately known, is perhaps the last full military club in London. Following a rule change the Club has decided to offer a small number of membership places to friends of members who do not otherwise have a direct military connection. The membership consists of approximately 6,000 and comprises both ladies and gentlemen. Reciprocal agreements exist with approximately 100 clubs of similar style and standing throughout the world. Introductions to these clubs are available to Army & Navy Club members through our Membership Office.