Sandbach replaced Stephen O'Brien as the Conservative parliamentary candidate for 2015 following his retirement announcement in March 2015.  In the 2015 general election, Sandbach defended the seat for the Conservatives with a majority of 12,974. 
Formerly a Conservative member of the Welsh Assembly, Sandbach chose to retire following her election success in 2015. 
Stance on fracking
Sandbach has said she would not support fracking unless there were clear commitments to safeguard local communities, and that residents deserve to have the full and correct information.  In February 2015 the Welsh government announced a moratorium on fracking in Wales, to which Sandbach commented:
'I am extremely pleased that the Labour government has listened to concerns and we welcome this announcement wholeheartedly. It is clear that shale gas exploitation has a contribution to make to a long-term economic plan for Wales’ energy generation, but until its impact on our environment and homes is properly assessed, we need a moratorium. The views of the local people likely to benefit from fracking, or who will be affected by fracking must be paramount and a moratorium with community right to opt-in to support fracking will empower people.' 
Sandbach's constituency includes eight oil and gas licence blocks, awarded by the Oil and Gas Authority under its 14th licensing round in 2015. Four of these licenses went to IGas and four to INEOS. There are plans for a total of six shale wells, six hrz frac wells and for 2D and 3D seismic surveying.  No applications are currently underway.
- 16 December 2015: voted in favour of loosening regulations on fracking in protected areas and national parks. 
- Antoinette Sandbach MP www.parliament.uk, accessed 29 May 2015
- Rt Hon Stephen O'Brien www.parliament.uk, accessed 29 May 2015
- Eddisbury parliamentary constituency BBC News, 8 May 2015, accessed 29 May 2015
- Election 2015: Antoinette Sandbach quits Welsh assembly BBC News, 8 May 2015, accessed 29 May 2015
- We need to know the correct facts, Antoinette Sanbach website, 13 August 2014, accessed 17 November 2016.
- Fracking moratorium welcomed, Antoinette Sanbach website, 20 February 2015, accessed 17 November 2016.
- Oil and gas: licensing rounds, GOV.uk, accessed 14 November 2016.
- TheyWorkForYou | Antoinette Sandbach, TheyWorkForYou, accessed 17 November 2016.