Amjad Bseisu is the founder and CEO of EnQuest PLC, a North Sea oil company.
In 1984 Bseisu started his career at Atlantic Richfield Company (ARCO) as a senior engineer in the drilling and production division. In the fourteen years he worked for the company, he worked his way up to the position of president of ARCO Petroleum Ventures ARCO Crude Trading Inc.
Fellow oil and gas millionaire and Conservative Party member Alexander Temerko has known Bseisu for 'many, many, many years'. In 2014 Temerko's company OGN signed a multimillion pound contract to rebuild a £250 million ship, the EnQuest Producer, for Bseisu's company.
In 2011 the Coalition government raised the taxes on fields in the North Sea. 'Bseisu called the tax rise a “two by four in the face” and said it threatened more than £200m of investment by his company.' He 'insists he did not raise the issue at the Leader’s Group meetings' but in George Osborne's last budget before the 2015 general election Osborne cut petroleum revenue tax for older oil fields (which EnQuest use).
Amjad Bseisu has given £28,500 to the Conservatives since December 2016. 
- Enviromena Power Systems LLC, chairman of the board and director since September 2010
- The Leader's Group
Recorded by the Electoral Commission:
|Date||Name of donor||Amount||Donated to||Subsidiary (parties only)|
|24/10/2013||Amjad Bseisu||£42,000.00||Conservative Party||Central Party|
|27/05/2014||Amjad Bseisu||£15,000.00||Conservative Party||Central Party|
|21/07/2014||Amjad Bseisu||£2,065.00||Conservative Party||Central Party|
|21/07/2014||Amjad Bseisu||£22,000.00||Conservative Party||Central Party|
|17/11/2014||Amjad Bseisu||£12,500.00||Conservative Party||Central Party|
- Holly Watt, The Tory Leader's Group donor club: 'A chance for like-minded people to talk' Guardian, 4 May 2015, accessed 5 May 2015.
- Bloomberg Amjad Bseisu, accessed 5 May 2015.
- Holly Watt The Tory Leader's Group donor club: 'A chance for like-minded people to talk' Guardian, 4 May 2015, accessed 5 May 2015.
- Rajeev Syal, [Oil bosses have given £390,000 to Tories under Theresa May, The Guardian, 23 May 2017 (Revelation of big donations comes after manifesto promised to build on ‘unprecedented support’ for industry