American Lung Association
The American Lung Association was founded in 1904, it describes is mission as fighting 'lung disease in all its forms, with special emphasis on asthma, tobacco control and environmental health'.
Corporate Educational Partnerships
The American Lung Association states that it is 'proud' to collaborate with the following corporations in educational partnerships...
- Abbott Nutrition - 'Abbott Nutrition, manufacturer of Pulmocare, and the American Lung Association have developed an educational partnership designed to educate patients about nutrition and COPD'.
- AstraZeneca - AstraZeneca is the national sponsor of Breathe Well, Live Well: An Asthma Management Program for Adults. 'This partnership will expand Breathe Well, Live Well to diverse communities'.
- DuPont - partnership 'to educate consumers on interior automotive air quality'.
- Gilead - partnership in an 'education campaign aims to raise public awareness about the treatment of PAH' (Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension).
- GlaxoSmithKline - 'National sponsor in American Lung Association Asthma Walks'.
- Pacific Coast Feather Company - partnership to 'help educate consumers on how to improve air quality in their sleep environment'.
- ProTeam (Vacuum company) - partnership 'to promote awareness and education about indoor air quality issues'.
- Sanofi Pasteur - 'to raise public awareness around the importance of influenza immunization, through the Faces of Influenza campaign'.
Partnerships to resist healthcare reform
In March 2008, The Centre for Media and Democracy reports that due to calls for healthcare reform in the U.S. (which is likely to lead to the questioning of 'ballooning' prices of pharmaceuticals), the Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America has entered into partnership with the AARP, the Labour Unions, the American Lung Association and the Partnership for a Drug Free America