Alexandra Thein (born 05 October 1963, Bochum) is an MEP for Germany from Free Democratic Party since 2009.
- Member, JURI Committee on Legal Affairs
- Member, D-IL Delegation for relations with Israel
- Member, DPLC Delegation for relations with the Palestinian Legislative Council
- Member, DMAS Delegation for relations with the Mashreq countries
- Member, D-IQ Delegation for relations with Iraq
- Substitute, AFCO Committee on Constitutional Affairs
Record and Controversies
Declaration of Financial Interests
- Lawyer and notary
Record of Parliamentary Votes
Election Campaign 2009
Alexandra Thein has not yet pledged to any of the four issues presented by the Election Campaign:
- to provide leadership in lobbying transparency and ethics,
- to provide leadership in reforming financial architecture,
- to promote a full-scale rethink of the EU trade policy,
- to promote corporate accountability.
Ask Alexandra Thein to pledge: Pin down your candidate now!
- German/French school-leaving certificate, German/French Grammar School, Saarbrücken, 1982. Studied law, including European and international law, at the University of the Saarland and its Europe Institute, as part of the European integration course, at the University of Geneva and its Institutes for European Studies and International Studies, and at the University of Freiburg, passing 1st State examination (1982-1988).
- Legal trainee in Berlin, inter alia dealing with foreign affairs for the Federal Government's representative in Berlin, Permanent Representation of the Federal Republic of Germany to the OECD in Paris, German International Development Foundation, passing 2nd State examination (1988-1991);
- Lawyer and representative of the notary public in a small firm of lawyers in Berlin (since 1991), self-employed (since 1993); notary (since 2001).
- Nearly 20 years' of honorary political activity, inter alia as vice-chair of the FDP Honorary Council for the Vetting of Party Office-holders for Collaboration with the Ministry of State Security and Office for National Security of the GDR; for many years Chair of the Dahlem branch of the FDP, the Regional Arbitration Tribunal, the Regional Constitutional Committee and the Regional Executive of the Berlin Regional Association of the FDP; currently vice-chair of the Dahlem branch of the FDP, coopted member of the Regional Executive and member of the Regional Committee on International Policy of the Berlin Regional Association of the FDP; vice-chair of the Berlin Regional FDP women's organisation.
- Member of the German Group of the Liberal International and the Movement for a United Europe; coopted member of the Executive Committee of the Europe Union, Berlin.
- Member of the executive, Berlin Regional Liberal Small Business Association. Member, Berlin Lawyers' Association; member, Women Lawyers' Group in the German Lawyers' Association. Member, Association of Grant-holders and Former Grant-holders of the Friedrich Naumann Foundation for Freedom.
- Parlement européen
- Bât. Altiero Spinelli
- 60, rue Wiertz / Wiertzstraat 60
- B-1047 Bruxelles/Brussel
- +32(0)2 28 45576
- +32(0)2 28 49576
- alexandra.thein AT europarl.europa.eu
- European Parliament, MEP Directory: Alexandra Thein, accessed 02 April 2011.
- European Parliament, Declaration of Members' Financial Interests: Alexandra Thein, 18 January 2011, accessed 02 April 2012.
- Election Campaign, Alexandra Thein, accessed 02 April 2012.