Alber & Geiger
Alber & Geiger was formed in April, 2007, when it was reported that "A team of lawyers has quit lobbyists Cassidy & Associates Europe to set up its own law firm in Brussels. Former Advocate General of the European Court of Justice Siegbert Alber and former CEO of Cassidy in Brussels Andreas Geiger set up Alber & Geiger, a specialist government lobbying law firm in the Belgian capital last month. Founding partner Geiger said: 'We're the first lobbying-focused law firm in Europe and we're following the lobbying law model from Washington [DC]. It wasn't possible for us to have this set-up under the umbrella of Interpublic, which owns Cassidy & Associates." 
The firm notes that it has expertise in the area of Agribusiness. In particular it claims that it uses former politicians to further clients' interests:
- We have a network of former senior European politicians to provide decision making bodies with the necessary information to help our clients to implement their objectives.
The network would seem to include Lord Charles Henry Plumb, a member of the House of Lords and a former MEP and food industry lobbyist.
As of December 2009, Alber & Geiger lists some of its clients on its website.
Alber & Geiger lists its successes as follows on its website:
- Some of our successes:
- EU tobacco advertising directive and trademark products
- EU health claims regulations and advertising
- EU driver licence directive and tourism
- Monopoly abuse in the pharma sector
- EU freedom of establishment and taxes
- Taxation in car leasing
- Deregulation of the telecom sector
- Merger communication in the aviation sector
- State aid in Eastern Germany
- Prof. Dr. h.c. Siegbert Alber
- Dr. Andreas Geiger, M.E.S
- Lord Charles Henry Plumb
- Christian Heinen
- Alexander Mohr
- Simone Hägele
- Rolf Waegenbaur, former European Commission official.
Alber & Geiger Rue des Colonies 11 1000 Brussels Belgium Tel.: +32 (0)2 517 71 64 Fax: +32 (0)2 517 65 00
Im Mediapark 11 50670 Cologne Germany Tel./Fax: +49 (0)721 151354070 email@example.com
- Julia Berris, "Cassidy splits to form Brussels lobby firm", The Lawyer.com, April 16, 2007.
- Alber and Geiger, Practice areas, Agribusiness. Accessed 1 July 2007.
- Clients, A & G website, version placed in web archive 13 Aug 2007, accessed in web archive 28 Dec 2009
- Clients, A & G website, version placed in web archive 23 Jun 2008, accessed in web archive 28 Dec 2009
- Clients, Alber & Geiger website, accessed 27 Dec 2009