Airwave Solutions Limited
Founded in 2000, Airwave Solutions operates a secure wireless communications network for emergency services in the UK. The system, based on the TETRA (terrestrial trunked radio standard), is used by police, firefighters, and emergency medical personnel to communicate via both voice and data transmission. Airwave Solutions provided a Private Mobile Radio (PMR) Service for the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games. The company is owned by the Macquarie Group. In December 2015 Airwave Solutions was bought by Motorola for £817.5m.
- Previous name BT SIXTY-SIX LIMITED
- Date changed 06/09/2001
- Previous name BT WIRELESS LIMITED
- Date changed 30/03/2001
- Previous name AIRWAVE MMO2 LIMITED
- Date changed 14/03/2005
- Previous name AIRWAVE O2 LIMITED
- Date changed 23/04/2007
- Previous name AIRWAVE SAFETY COMMUNICATIONS LIMITED
- Date changed 09/05/2007
- Richard Abel - MEIF 2 Director
- Martin Stanley - MEIF 2 Director
- Peter Dyer - Airwave Chairman
- Eithne Wallis - Airwave Director
- Keith Turner - Airwave Director
- Paul Boyle - Airwave Company Secretary
- Airwave Solutions Limited was a donor to the Science Media Centre in 2012 and 2013 according to the SMC.
Airwave, Charter Court, 50 Windsor Road, Slough, Berkshire, UK, SL1 2EJ
Tel: +44 (0)8000 11 33 99
- Airwave Solutions, Airwave Solutions website. Accessed 17/09/13.
- Airwave Group, Airwave Solutions website. Accessed 17/09/13.
- Cat Hall, 'Motorola splashes £817m buying out police comms biz Airwave', The register, 4 December 2015.
- Company Summary, companycheck.co.uk. Accessed 17/09/13
- Airwave Board of Directors, Airwave Solutions website. Accessed 17/09/13.
- Data from Internet Archive holdings of the Science Media Centre website, 2002-2013.
- Aug 2012 http://web.archive.org/web/20120922235445/http://www.sciencemediacentre.org/pages/about/funding.htm
- Aug 2013 Science Media Centre, 'Funding' August 2013 screengrab of http://www.sciencemediacentre.org/about-us/funding/, taken 16 August 2013.